Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Great Lost...

We had suffered a great lost when our little chick passed away. It wasn’t anyone fault. It was just God needed them more than we do. I was on the way to lunch when my mom’s hand phone rang; we were all shocked by what our bro had to say... “有一只小鸡死了” My little brother, my mom and I were truly saddened. We got 7 chicks at home. Three were homebred by us, we saw them grew from egg hatching and out from the hen’s protection. Then the others were lately added to our little chick’s family.
When I went home, I hurried to check on the other chicks. 4 were dead, 1 was struggling. I believed it was a bad case of food poisoning, so I went on to helping our Strawberry, eldest of our 3 chicks, by keep pushing the contents of its tummy (ps, already soften tummy) out. I saw him vomited out yellow liquid. He was in tremendous pain. I knew, he was crying… It was the first time I ever saw our chicks cried. The pain in my heart was unspoken. I continued pushing its tummy, in hoping more bad liquid would come out. But Strawberry was in a state where he doesn’t know whether to vomit out the things or swallow it. It was a quite long process; he can’t even breathe well as the liquid came out from its nose. Usually, he was the king in our little chicks’ world, cocking the loudest and looking the most magnificent, and at that time, seeing him struggling just to stand up… Haiz.. It was the feel when you feel when you know he was trying his best to live for us all… I cried, I tried to sooth him, keep telling him to stay strong, don’t die…
I don’t know how long it was until Strawberry was walking near to the end of its’ suffering… He was getting weaker and weaker, his body softer and softer. My bro was beside me. I was sobbing. It came so sudden that it terrified me. I was holding Strawberry in my hands, then quite suddenly, he started to stiffened and 抽, jerking up and down, his eyes were so wide…. Very wide… He flapped its wing very hard, he almost flew out of my hands, his head jerking from side to side… It was then I shouted uncontrollably, “不要死!不要死!” My heart was calling out to it, don’t die to me… Don’t die… But, quite as soon as it came, it went… He was limp. His eyes slowly closed, and mine teared. It was the hardest thing to do, letting it go. I can’t bare my eyes to see what was once live, once so beautiful and what once was what we call golden voice, was gone, limp, never to walk or roam our little garden… I pray, he would find peace, along with the other chicks, in a better place. Dear Strawberry, Orange, Pineapple, Black Black, Big 母鸡, we love you all, hope you will be in a better place.
Guys, (and gals), we may not know when things will happen, it came as sudden as it went, joy, anger, sadness, grief, what we can do, is accept how things are, and treasure what you have, weather is a dog or someone special, you may not know what will happen tomorrow. And also, please take care as h1n1 is starting to spread in Penang… ^^




Right when it all started...



We love to play with them, our little tricks... This is pineapple, youngest of the three..



This is orange, the second...



This, is before strawberry pass away... Haiz... Pain...



May they all rest in peace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im really sorry about your lovely chickens. i experienced something like that too when my cat died. her spinal cord was damaged and passed away a few days later.

Unknown said...

gawd... it's so sad.... hmmm... thanks 4 d care thought. reli glad gt 知音... ^^