Thursday, November 26, 2015

My Braces Journey - Part 2

25 Nov 2015 - 7pm

The day before I got my braces, I was surprisingly calm (well, the few days prior to this in which I'm reading profusely / panicky about how to handle the first day of getting braces doesn't really count :P)
So I proposed to my friends that we had a night off before I say goodbye to good food temporarily. 
Bachelor party for my crooked teeth before they got Tied Down... AmIRightPeople??? 
(heh, excuse the lame pun)
I have awesome friends... 
They agreed to it without a second thought! 
(Awww, I love you guys)

Love you pepo! 
Even though you guys are a bunch of weirdos :P

My food itinerary goes something like this:
Chocolate Mousse Cake @ Dolce Dessert House
Al-Cabonara Linguine @ Soul Cafe
Hokkien Mee @ Green House Hokkien Mee Burmah Road

In which they are finished in a short span of 3 hours. 

So that's it!
Au Revoir Ms.Crooked!

 26 Nov 2015 - 9am

Woke up, brushed my teeth, took a bath, washed my hair... (why am I telling you guys all these)
Had a wholesome breakfast which consist of my mom's homemade roasted chicken wings along with Angel Hair pasta. (I'm in heaven)
Went to the orthodontist, aaaaaaaaand waited for my turn.
My mom had her filing done first, then I hopped on the dental chair that looks like the twisted man from The Saw would had so much fun there.
My orthodontist was patient and skillful, and loheng cause he likes to 'zhat' me... hahaha. 
I got Damon braces glued to my teeth, then a wire attached to those brackets. 
Took about 1 hour. 
It was relatively painless (except for that one time the orthodontist hissed and said "Aiya...." and that scared the wits out of me) and everything went quite well. 
I went home feeling well and prepared.....

Lenglui with braces

BUT, I was totally wrong. 
Days before, I prepared myself for the worst, gums infection. 
That happens when the metal brackets scraped the inner walls of your mouth. 
So I was wary enough to ask for dental wax from the orthodontist. (Feeling smart here)
Feeling like I've triumphed, I went home with a crooked and swollen smile. 
Only to realize, that's not the worst part,,,,

After I've got my braces fixed, I felt literally nothing, more like a foreign object on my teeth... 
After a few hours, these 'foreign objects' started to carry their weight... 
Not forgetting that constant pulling of the metal wire that literally Realigns your Jaw!
Towards the afternoon, I experienced a nagging headache... 
Well it went off after some rest. 
In the evening however, it felt kinda itchy! 
BTW, I am now on a soft diet, so I'm glad my friends and my mom prepared me for that. <3 div="">

So yea!
That's about it! 
A short update on my journey. 
Perhaps I'll come back when I experience something new.
Till next time lovely pepo!

See also: My Braces Journey - Part 1


No comments: