Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Braces Journey - Part 1

In 2013, I made the brave decision to get my braces done...
But it wasn't until 2015 that I gathered the balls to proceed.

I had terrible teeth since I was in secondary school. 
I always thought that a crooked teeth is no big deal as I was not "earning my living by using my face" (靠脸吃饭)
It started to get worse when I was in my uni. 
That's when I got the urge to get braces, for aesthetic purpose of course. 
But that wasn't a good enough motivation. 
Cause right after I got one of my wisdom tooth removed (along with 2 weeks of jaw swelling and the agonizing memory of the dental surgery), I was ready to give up. 
I put the braces thingy aside in hopes that my teeth would "move and straighten itself" post surgery.

Terrible memory of my swollen jaw after wisdom tooth extraction


NOPE, I was sooooo wrong. 
After I grad I started to busy myself with work. 
It was until after 1 year that I realize how annoying my crooked teeth are. 
First, it was hard for me to clean my teeth cause of overcrowding. 
Second, how easy those plaque appear. 
Third, the overbite is getting worse.
Fourth, the times I woke up only to realize I accidentally bitten my tongue while I sleep.
Fifth, those photos that I was tagged in... 
And these were the last straws... 

Got my ass back to the orthodontist's office a few weeks back. 
Boom!
Gone were my other wisdom tooth and 3 other of my teeth. 
Now I'm pre-braces ready. 
Honestly, I don't know if I should laugh or cry when the dentist said I looked like 九王爷

Getting over the extractions was the worse part of it so far. 
You getting woozy post surgery is a piece of cake compared to the after-effect when the anesthetic went off. 
It's like your body is angry at you for getting rid of these teeth, and they are taking revenge on you. 
But I guess the pain / annoyance of missing these teeth is more in my head than actual suffering. 
I took extra care to not piss my other teeth off; eating slowly, brushing slowly, rinsing slowly, moving slowly... 
Basically, I live a sloth life. 

What's next? 
The braces will get on. 
Metals, on my teeth... digging into my mouth... 24/7...
The only upside of it is that I'll definitely be slim... 
Hahaha. 
Let's see what will happen next! 
Hopefully I got the energy for Part 2 in future. 

Love,
JCG


No comments: