Friday, May 30, 2014

Magical Lunch Box

The other day, I saw a video shared on Facebook on this magical multifunctional cooking lunch box. 
Needless to say, being the kid in me, I thought this would be a good chance for me to show off my 'mamasak' skills.
And, I thought it would come in handy since I'm now still living at my hostel, where the only foods you can get are the ones which are fried or in heavy curry santan (coconut milk). 
So when I saw a deal on Groupon selling this little baby, I bought it instantly for RM59. 
It arrived 1 week later. 
Off to cooking!
The exterior of the box

My little baby, which is really small in size
I like the way it cooked using water
I would just have to prepare the meals I want, add in water, and the 'lunch box' would heat / steam my meals to perfection!

I started off with a simple steam egg

The opening of the steam egg

Yey it worked!

Added some soya sauce and some spring onion and there you have it!
Delectable

I tried steaming some vege later on
Broccoli and Cauliflower 

Done! Under 10 minutes. 

Back at my hostel, I steamed some vege together with eggs for my breakfast
This time the steaming was done in 2 layers, one being the vege, the bottom one being the eggs

Double layer!


Needless to say, a healthy breakfast indeed

Next I tried steaming rice with some mushrooms and Broccoli 

This time the steaming was a bit longer, it took about 20 minutes to get the rice fully cooked

Next, I heated some curry tuna and I ate it together with my mushroom rice


A nice dinner

My room mate and I are definitely going to have a lot of fun playing with this magical lunch box. 
Meals are no longer a problem for us, especially during study week. 
Yey!

Signing off
JCG




No comments: