Monday, January 14, 2013

End of a Sem + Do you want to dance with me? Part 1

Finished my last paper, what I am feeling now is relieve and freedom.
Aaaaaaaaaaand Chinese New Year!
Yey!
My friends asked why am I so excited, it's just another celebration...
For me, CNY means new stuff, new year, new luck!
I am happy to be home with all of my friends and family, I am glad to celebrate it with them.
I love cheesy CNY songs and I love CNY food.
I love what we did during CNY and I love new beginnings.
:)


I would like to share something with all of you guys out there.
I participated in an essay writing competition and won first prize lately.
Even though it was not a big scale competition, I'm glad that I won.
Because, the story I wrote actually means a lot to me.
Hope you guys will enjoy the first part of it.

Do you want to dance with me?
(Part 1)



 “Do you want to dance with me?”
Under different circumstances, that would be very flattering. But from his calm and controlled tone, I could guess what would happen next. I held on to the phone tightly as my breath started to get slow and heavy. The TV screen in front of me grew blurry as I slump deeper into the sofa. Adrenaline began to rise in me. I wanted to dance with him but there were too many uncertainty and too many sacrifices. Questions poured inside my mind as I debated whether or not to accept his offer. I imagined myself dancing gracefully on stage, with him holding me, both of us smiling brightly as we finished with grace. How I wish I could be that lucky girl. BUT. What will happen to the other dancer if he chooses to dance with me? What will happen to our team, my friends? What if I fail? Can I pull this through? Can this clear my name of being a betrayer?

***
THE INTRO
“Hey Wendy”

I stirred from my chair to realize a tired looking Jason walking through the door. Trickles of sweat flowed down his dark face as he grabbed a seat beside me and lunged at his water bottle.

“How did the discussion with the teacher go?” He looked at me with annoying eyes and did a shrug.

“Ahh, I guessed that. Well it’s nothing we can do. Discipline teachers are hard to convince sometimes.”

He took a final gulp at his water as he folded his arms on the table and rested his head on it. “I wish life would be easier. You thought being a prefect seems so cool; getting to know all the teachers, being respected by the students and all… But in fact, it’s the total opposite of that. The teachers give you a hard time and students make your life miserable. What’s more, the midterm test is coming soon. I haven’t even ‘touch’ any of the books I should be studying.”

I could only give him a sympathetic look as I subconsciously toyed with the prefect badge pinned on the left side of my uniform. Deep down, I agreed with him. It’s hard being a prefect, harder still being one of the top management where you had to conduct the whole board of prefects while juggling with school work, duties and co-curriculums. I myself felt the need to ‘get away from it all’, with the prefect’s evaluation forms pilling up and 3 sheets of backdated Pure Math homework waiting for me,  I needed a break. My thoughts were interrupted when Jason sat up all of the sudden.

“Hey, Wei’s organizing a dance performance for the welcoming orientation of the new students and she’s putting together a group... Well, I’m in it!” I looked at him quizzically. “I think you should join it too! You know, to relieve the stress and everything. I know that you like to dance too!” Jason continued with a smirk.

“Oh, I’m sorry man, there are just so many things to be done, and I can’t just go dancing!” I rolled my eyes at him but he attempted the puppy eye look which looked so wrong matching with his lean body muscles and dark complexion.

“Fine, I’ll give it a try”


---Part 2 (body) here Do you want to dance with me Part 2---
---Part 3 (Ending) here Do you want to dance with me Part 3 --- 

No comments: